THE RULES Mar 17, 2014 14:51:29 GMT 9.5
Post by TEETH on Mar 17, 2014 14:51:29 GMT 9.5
1. Please be respectful of your fellow roleplayers. This is intended to be a community for people from all walks of life and all skill levels, and rude or malicious behavior will not be tolerated. Also, please allow the admins to deal with members/guests who are uncooperative with this rule rather than engaging the individual in any kind of verbal argument. Initial calling out of someone is permitted (we all like to stand up for each other, which is good) but to do antagonize the person beyond this: it makes sorting out the whole more difficult for the admins, who would hate to punish the wrong person.
2. As mentioned before, this is a roleplay for people of varying skill levels and experiences. Grammar, spelling, and overall syntax are not required to be perfect or advanced, but it is more fun for everyone if effort is put into posts. Replies must be multi-paragraph with the occasional exception, but quality is preferred over quantity. We also request that you roleplay in third person only.
3. We request that members remain active as much as is possible and tell us if they are going to be absent or less active. But, this does not means you are required to post daily. People have busy lives, so we understand if you can only commit to posting every three days, weekly, etc.
4. Please do not engage in any godmoding or powerplaying. If you are not certain what this means, please contact one of the admins and ask; we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
5. Characters are the lifeblood of any roleplay, so please try to keep your characters interesting and balanced with both glaring flaws and positive traits. No one is perfect and its all the gritty stuff about them that often makes them interesting. While there is no gender ratio active at Ennui, we would ask that the amount of males, females, and nonbinary folks is taken into account before creating new characters.
6. This is an animanga style roleplay, so all face claims must be anime/manga/video game/comic/or drawn characters. Real flesh n blood fcs will not be allowed whatsoever.
7. Characters are allowed to have overlapping abilities to an extent, but if there are too many characters with the same ability it will be off-limits until those characters die or become inactive. Please consult the GIFTED TYPES and consider how prevalent or rare certain powers are before creating a character as certain abilities are scarce or require a demonstration of IC reliability to acquire.
8. There is currently no character limit, but we ask that you only make as many as you can handle/keep active. Characters must be made on separate account so that there is one character per account. Probaords has a nifty account linking system so that you can switch character account without signing in or out. If you do not know how to do this, please contact the admins and we'll show you the ropes.
9. The majority of sexualities and gender identities are excepted and, while IC there may be some prejudices against people varying genders and attractions, we do not tolerate any OOC hate speech or bigotry on this site. See Rule 1.
10. This is a mature roleplay with mature themes. Violence, profanity, and sexual encounters are allowed to a point but not beyond Proboards guidelines for these topics. If you want to roleplay excessive gore or explicit sex you must do it on a different site. Even doing so in PM is against these guidelines. As for swearing, we allow it as long as its not excessive.
11. We are so pleased that you decided to consider this roleplaying site and we'd love for you to have the best experience possible. If you have any questions please ask the admins; we're more than happy to blab on about anything and everything. We hope you have fun!