OSCAR OSWALD Nov 11, 2014 21:13:16 GMT 9.5
Post by OSCAR OSWALD on Nov 11, 2014 21:13:16 GMT 9.5
oscar edmund oswald
and i hope you will forget the things i still lack
A force of nature and a force to be reckoned with, Oscar Oswald, grandson of the infamous Gifted General of Special Espionage and Warfare Ayako Weyland, is slated to follow in her footsteps as a brilliant and lethal assassin for the U.S.R.A.F. in the future - if his abrasive and often obscene behaviour can be brought into check. He likes to think of himself as a disparate rebel, and affects an image of a cool, casual bastard with sights set on offending as many people as possible with one sentence. Unfortunately, his uncivilised front is the result of a neglectful upbringing; perhaps too accustomed to being a parent to his debilitatingly depressed mother, he hides his dissatisfaction with the cards he's been dealt by behaving in a crude, graceless and downright impertinent manner.
That is not to say he is actually awful. He is almost tragically transparent with his feelings, and (though he imagines himself otherwise) it is always apparent when he doesn't really mean what he's saying. He is valiant, almost to a fault, fully believing himself to be less important than all others he is working with, he will very selflessly sacrifice himself for his allies and friends. He is brilliantly talented in those few fields to which he dedicates himself; under his grandmother's tutelage, he is quickly becoming a very formidable combatant - though he still does not tend to work well in teams; on the skateboard (his most impassioned hobby), he is almost unmatched, due to his stored strengths of speed and enhanced senses; he also enjoys gardening with his grandmother, and is a reasonably deft hand at horticulture (though he'd never tell).
But it's not hard to see that there is sadness there, too. He understands the inevitabilities of disappointment and suffering in life far better than a boy of his age should, and consigns himself to martyrdom far too easily. At his core he is mature, but damaged, and very, very angry with life - a fact that he fails to disguise constantly.
- Grandmother Ayako took in Oscar and his mother when he was 8 after his father left them destitute and homeless
- Lives with his chronically depressed mother and his battleaxe grandma
- Has an older brother (Maxwell Oswald) who departed mysteriously one night six years ago and has yet to return
- Earns his living working for the local delicatessen, making deliveries in exchange for groceries and a small wage
- Sometimes acts as a vigilante, calling himself "the equaliser" (no, he's not aware of how lame this actually is)
- Hella pro on the skateboard. Often referred to as a menace due to his flagrant disrespect for the road rules
- Or any rules, really
- Earned a scholarship at Ennui due to fantastic talent and a unique gft. He's struggling to keep his grades on par though. He's not as clever as he thinks he is.
- Undertaking training from his grandmother as she grooms him to eventually ascend to her previous position.
- In a purely romantic relationship with a similarly heteroromantic girl, but is exclusively sexually attracted to boys (though he's not having much luck with that)
FAMILYPeter Oswald (Father) Unknown - gifted human, elemental, darkness manipulation
Hinata Oswald (Mother) - gifted human, pather, unbreaking
Maxwell Oswald (Brother) Unknown - gifted human, elemental, light manipulation
Ayako Sawyer (Grandmother) - gifted human, pather, induced imperceptibility
POWER: Gft Cancellation / Gft Duplication
Can prevent other Gifted Humans from exerting their Gfts within a certain proximity, for a limited amount of time for up to ten minutes. Can also choose to duplicate and "store" any power nullified this way. Duplicating a power provides Oscar with a substantially weaker version of the leeched Gft, and the physical limit of Gfts he can store is four, however it does provide Oscar with the knowledge of how the power in question was used most recently, and muscle memory for the most common use of the Gft in it's original owner.
This Gft, however, functions abnormally when directed at Humanoids, as the Gft has only evolved to work properly in conjunction with biologically human Gifted. Instead, Oscar will leech life-force/entropy from non-human sources, transferring his wounds and significantly increasing both his endurance and his over-all lifespan, while drastically reducing it in the target.
He currently has "stored" the Gft of inhuman speed (duplicated from his brother), enhanced senses (from an unknown source) and selective obfuscation (from his grandmother).
☆ OTHER CHARACTERS
☆ FACE CLAIM
[b]K PROJECT/b] - [i]YATA MISAKI [/i] - OSCAR OSWALD
THIS CHARACTER BELONGS TO COSMIA. DO NOT STEAL.
MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS & THQ